|In March, 2005 a group of French breeders set up the SNELA - (the Syndicat National des Eleveurs de Lamas et Alpagas), The National Union of Lama and Alpaca Breeders.|
The Union represents and defends the mutual interests of lama and alpaca breeders in France through the :
- promotion of lama and alpaca breeding
- co-ordination of lobbying of national and European official authorities and agricultural organisations whenever situations arise that affect members directly or indirectly.
To do this, the Union is empowered to :
- solely or jointly execute or manage actions that further the aims of the Union.
- administer public, private and inter-professional funds allocated to achieving the Union's objectives.
Action Plan proposals :
- animal identification
- valorisation of camelides - wool, environment, nature activities, etc...
- health, care, information exchanges with the DSV, GDS, etc...
Tel. : 06 85 53 80 54